Summer Chicken Thai Noodle Soup
This is a wonderful cold summer soup. Turn up the spice and heat on the stove in the winter!
- 1Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Shallots, small dice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2Tbsp red curry paste
- 1 pkg raw chicken strips
- 32oz container chicken stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 c cream
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 1/8 tsp cayenne or more to taste
- Salt to taste
- Soba or somen noodles, per serving
- Large bunch cilantro
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add minced shallots and garlic until fragrant. Cook but do not brown. Add curry paste and stir to combine.
- Dry chicken strips and add to curry mixture. Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove to plate.
- In the meantime, cook soba/somen noodles in chicken broth in large pot, according to directions and then immerse in a small bowl of iced water to cool and stop cooking process. Refrigerate in water until soup assembly.
- Ladle some chicken broth into curry paste to deglaze the pan, scraping any bits up from the bottom. Add all from sauce pan to chicken broth. Add coconut milk, milk, cream, cayenne and lime juice to broth. Grate some lime rind into broth for a nice lime punch! Taste and add salt and additional cayenne as necessary.
- When broth has desired flavor, shred chicken strips by hand into the broth. Move soup into a bowl or pot that is room temperature and refrigerate until cool.
- To assemble: Drain noodles and place a small handful of noodles at the bottom of each bowl. Ladle soup on top of noodles. Generously top with hand torn cilantro and serve.
Adventures in Food & Love http://adventuresinfoodandlove.com/