Salad with Breaded Goat Cheese and Balsamic Vinaigrette
Baby arugula tossed with rosemary garlic balsamic vinaigrette and topped with a creamy breaded pat of warm goat cheese
- Baby arugula
- Pine nuts, 1 Tbsp per salad
- Goat cheese log
- 4Tbsp butter
- Breadcrumbs, 1 Tbsp per salad (panko, Progresso or your own are fine)
- 2 sprig rosemary, divided
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
For pine nuts
- Add 1 Tbsp pine nuts per salad to dry pan over medium low heat.
- Stir occasionally until brown and fragrant.
- Remove from heat.
- Use 2 parts olive oil to 1 part balsamic vinegar, depending on how much dressing you want to make.
- For 4 salads, I usually use 1/2c olive oil and a ¼ c balsamic vinegar.
- Place in a gladware container with a lid.
- Add a peeled and crushed (not minced) garlic clove and 1 rosemary sprig and a dash of salt. Place the lid on and shake container to emusify.
- Set aside. (This is better made at least an hour to allow the garlic and rosemary to incorporate their deliciousness)
For goat cheese
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium low heat.
- Throw in the other rosemary sprig and the thyme and let them infuse their flavor over a few minutes.
- Remove the herbs and increase the heat to medium.
- Add 1Tbsp bread crumbs per salad to the butter and stir until combined.
- Slice the cheese log into approximately ¼” slices, 1 per salad.
- Lay the pats of goat cheese onto the bread crumbs for 30 seconds. Flip and coat the other side for another 30 seconds.
- Assemble salad as below.
- Use a handful of baby arugula per salad into large salad bowl.
- Remove rosemary and garlic from dressing and drizzle while tossing until just coated.
- Divide into individual salad bowls and sprinkle pine nuts onto salads
- Top each salad with a bread coated pat of goat cheese and serve
Adventures in Food & Love http://adventuresinfoodandlove.com/