Flank Steak Marinade
This marinade is wonderful for tough fibrous meats such as flank steak. Leave it overnight for an extra boost!
- 1.5-2lb flank steak
- 2 chopped shallots or small bunch green onions, chive to bulb
- 1/3c olive oil
- 2Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped or minced
- 2Tbsp Worcestershire sauce or more to taste
- 1c white wine
- 12-15 peppercorns, crushed with the flat blade of a knife
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2tsp salt
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the marinade ingredients until combined.
- Score the flank steak in scores about an inch apart and then back in the other direction, creating a diamond shaped pattern. This will allow the marinade to get into the meat. Flip and repeat.
- Pour marinade into a gallon sized ziploc bag and add flank steak. Refrigerate for at least a few hours, preferably overnight. Turn occasionally to evenly distribute marinade. Remove from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature prior to cooking. (see Seared Steak Recipe under Beef section)
- You can change this up to reflect your preferences. However, it's important in any fibrous meat to have some kind of acid that can help break down those fibers and tenderize the meat. Red or white wine vinegar can take the place of lemon juice. Experiment and make it your own!
Adventures in Food & Love http://adventuresinfoodandlove.com/